2012年11月25日星期日

Going to Italy in October for 2 weeks Need suggestions on what to bring guild wars 2 gold Jp

Going to Italy in October for 2 weeks Need suggestions on what to bringIt depends on where in Italy: the north is quite mountainous and chilly, while the south is in the Mediterranean and fairly temperate. But the weather is in general not radically different from the US, so dress as you'd dress for autumn. (In general, for travel, it's wise to dress in layers, so that you can mix and match.)You can use American credit cards in a lot of places in Europe. You get a pretty good exchange rate, too. You'll want to get some Euros, but I've found that the best way to handle that is from a cash machine. The exchange places at the airport charge much, much higher commissions. (If you must use them, you'll get a better rate if you do it all at once rather than a lot of little transactions.)You won't be able to use a Verizon phone in Europe. You can rent a cell phone at the airport, if you need to communicate with other people in your group. If you're just looking to call home, your best bet is to get an international calling card (which you can pick up there, or before you leave). To be honest I've had only mixed luck with those; there are an awful lot of numbers to type in.If you're bringing a laptop, you may just want to get Skype running before you leave.Be sure to bring comfortable walking shoes. Europeans in general walk a lot, and tours will involve a lot of walking. Be prepared for rain as well.I think one of the best travel items to have with you is a cellphone. In the past I've rented a Global Blackberry through Verizon but now my newest one, a Blackberry Bold, will work there without having to get a different one. You will want some for small incidentals. But if you are traveling in the more touristy areas you will be fine with your credit card and a little cash.I was last there in November, in the Venice area, and it was not too bad, temperature-wise, but we did get a bunch of rain when I was in Venice itself. I would suggest a GOOD, sturdy, small umbrella--or several cheap ones that you can throw away--the winds are fierce in Venice and I saw so many umbrellas destroyed. I also was glad to have a rain poncho that I could tuck in my bag. Fall tends to be rainy.There are quite often "tourist" menus that simplify the process at restaurants. One word of caution--they do eat horse meat in Italy gw2 gold! Even on pizzas! I had no idea until I was given the English translation of the menu one night! And each person generally gets their own good-size pizza, not one to share with everyone.If you want to learn a little Italian before you go, you can learn for free via podcasts! Radio Lingua is excellent, and you can subscribe to My Daily Phrase:Italian and learn the basics while you are driving or on the flight over. I also like EarWorms for Italian lessons, but that's something you have to purchase. Get one of those Frommer's travel books or an Italian phrase book, too. Yes, a lot will speak English, but not everyone! If you are off the beaten track you will find that a few words or a way to look up the right words is very helpful gw2 gold, and the people appreciate it.I'm sure what you wear here will be fine. They do tend to dress up maybe a bit more than we do, especially the women and their shoes--lots of spike heels even walking on the cobblestone streets.You might want to bring washcloths, as you may not get one in your hotel. But travel light! And make sure you pack some essentials in your carry on--I spent the first two days there last year with no clothes but the ones I traveled in! Oh--and toilets flush differently there! My first night I was staying in a castle, and had to go to the bathroom really bad--but couldn't see any way to flush the darn toilet! I finally googled it! Yes, I did! And obviously others have been in the same predicament because I found the answer! Sometimes the toilet flusher is up on the wall, in a plastic box that you push one side for a light flush, and the other side for a heavy flush. Sometimes there is a button on the wall, sometimes on the toilet lid. It's always an adventure to use a new bathroom guild wars 2 gold! LOL! The lights in hotel rooms also can be tied into your door lock--sometimes you have to leave the key in the lock (inside) for the lights to stay on.I often need to spend several months per year in Europe for work and PamPerdue covered just about everything. I love Italy and return whenever I can - - for work and pleasure.I never get money ahead of time, but rather use my bank card (not a credit card) and withdraw in Euro. Better yet go into an actual bank and get a larger amount. Check on line and see if your banking institution has a presence in Rome (I assume that's your point of entry into the country).I usually pay with cash for nearly everything when abroad. Most credit cards charge you both a foreign transaction fee plus a % of the amount charged. Check on the policy of all of your cards prior to departure and determine which you will use for larger purchases. If you happen to have an account at HSBC your good as gold. They have ATMs and banks all over the world and minimal fees; the ultimate traveler's card. The downside is I think you need to open the account with something like 10K.
More articles come from the:http://www.guildwars2gold.fr

没有评论:

发表评论